Most often penthouses come with large and spacious terraces offering you one of the best ways to enjoy the beautiful outdoors in the bliss and comfort of your own home. With just a few simple décor tips, you can transform your terrace into a functional and comfortable area that can be used for all kinds of recreational and entertainment purposes. Here are few things to follow to craft an open terrace at our own residence:
– Create multiple zones: One of the most important things to do in the case of a large terrace is to create zones or corners for different activities. For example, one part of the terrace can be dedicated to eating, while another can be dedicated to reading or stargazing.
– Bring in a variety of furniture: Large spaces allow you to experiment with different kinds of furniture, so make sure to include a good variety. From an outdoor couch, beanbag and hammock, make sure to mix things up.
– Accessorize with rugs and cushions: Décor accessories are just as essential. Pick out a rug, outdoor cushions and upholstery for your terrace.
– Focus on the lighting: The lighting can make or break the décor. Fairy lights or string LED lights work well for most kinds of terraces, but you may want to try out different kinds of lights before taking your pick.
– Add a splash of green: Greens are an essential component of any terrace, but make sure not to go overboard with the plants. Pick out a few kinds of potted plants and flowers that complement the décor and focus on the arrangement.
– Explore your creativity: Upcycle items to make your space quirkier. This is great opportunity to try your hands at DIYS and also save on you buying new items. Make planters out of tin cans, old ceramic ware etc. You can also use wooden crates, old planks etc to make furniture that is light and economic too.